Helen from Brighton: we fixed her slow computer
Our techs come to you and provide troubleshooting and repairs on the spot. We also have a fully equipped repair center on Hawthorn Rd and can repair and troubleshoot most issues from software to hardware and laptops to desktops. A common request at Fix My Tech is computer repair Brighton area. Over the years we have helped thousands of people speed up their computers by offering them a tune-up service in Brighton. In most cases, performance is greatly improved. We highly recommend a tune-up service every 1-2 years.
- Computer slow to turn on: when you turn your computer on, it goes through a large check-list of things to do in order to prepare the system for you to use it. By eliminating unnecessary items from the check-list, the computer will start much faster as it will no longer be burdened by unnecessary tasks.
- Conflicting or no anti-virus: anti-virus is an essential tool for both Mac and PC. It protects your computer from threats when connecting USB’s and using the internet. We highly recommend Malwarebytes and Avast. From our experience these tools are able to protect our customers.
- Missing updates and security patches: The root cause of many issues is missing updates and security patches. During a tune-up, we ensure your computer is fully up to date. Having updates and patches blocks viruses affecting you in the first place.
- Lack of hardware resources: one of the biggest breakthroughs in IT has been in storage technology. Solid State Disks (SSD) are now commonplace and they replace Hard Disk Drives (HDD). These parts form the foundation of every computer – it’s where all the information is saved, read and written. After this upgrade, a computer that took 60 seconds to turn on – turned into a PC that starts in 10 seconds and instantly loads programs. We can’t recommend this upgrade enough, it really makes a difference.
- Slow internet connectivity: when browsing the internet, slowness might be caused by unnecessary add-ons and plug-ins – a tune-up service will fix this. In addition to a slower computer, the network might be a bottle-neck. We also offer network configuration and trouble-shooting to improve your internet connectivity.
- Lack of free space: A computer needs a minimum of 10% free space to function – we aim to have at least 30-50% free space or all of our clients. By addressing this free space issue, we assure that the space you have left will get you through the next 1-2 years until your next tune-up.
Need an experienced technician? Try us today, no-fix-no-fee guarantee.
Computer Repair Brighton
Is your laptop struggling to complete even the most basic task? Our laptop and computer tuneup service will have it running better than new. To find out more call us directly on 03 9016 5383.
We offer computer repair Brighton and surrounding suburbs including and not limited to: Elsternwick, Elwood, Gardenvale, Brighton East, Ormond, Glen Huntly, Armadale, Malvern, St Kilda East, Carnegie, Murrumbeena, Bentleigh.