Fix My Tech was contacted for a printer that was not working in Brighton. An expert technician was sent on site and it was found to be incorrectly configured. The printer was configured so it could be used by all devices through AirPrint and the network. All tested OK
A busy restaurant in St Kilda using Tyro Payment gateways needs a stable and prevalent wireless connection throughout the venue. No more WiFi dropouts!
Fix my tech deployed and configured a business grade WiFi network. OUT with WiFi dead spots and disconnects. And it just works!
A technician was called out to a home in South Yarra to configure the two computers for two things:
- Sync or share photos from an upstairs computer to another
- Enable viewing of both partner’s calendars on either computer
The solution was to create a shared folder over the windows network and give the upstairs computer all privileges such that it could write to the other. This was configured such that the files and photos moved would automatically back up to an existing dropbox, ensuring the data is safe in two places in case of hardware failure.
Using Outlook 365’s calendar sharing function both calendars can be viewed on either computer. This enables them to see when they will both be free and plan their time more effectively.
Visit Us In Store
Laptop Service & Repair
- Replace computers in a busy warehouse in MalvernNovember 21, 2017 - 4:37 pm
- Network support in St Kilda for Point of Sale and restaurantsNovember 3, 2017 - 10:38 am
- Fixed slow internet and computer tuneup in CaulfieldAugust 9, 2017 - 2:54 pm
- File Server Support and Repair in South MelbourneJuly 24, 2017 - 9:40 am